Job Advertisement - ADDC Executive Officer
Come and work with ADDC to shape Australian international development efforts to be disability inclusive.
The Executive Officer plays a key role in developing and implementing ADDC’s national platform for international disability advocacy and action with the ADDC Executive Committee and ADDC members, advocating for disability-inclusive development be a priority cross-cutting theme for all international development programs.
We are seeking a skilled professional to undertake the role for 12 months (parental leave contract). The role is 3 days per week (0.6 FTE) working with and managing the ADDC Support Officer (0.6 FTE).
The successful candidate for the role will have:
- Proven policy advocacy experience, preferably at a Federal level.
- A proven experience in or understanding of the international development sector.
- High level negotiation and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to successfully build relationships and influence key stakeholders including government and international development organisations.
- Preferred experience in or understanding or disability-inclusive development.
The ADDC Secretariat is hosted by CBM Australia, who employ the ADDC Executive Officer and Support Officer. The role in based at the CBM Australia office in Box Hill, Melbourne.
Consistent with our commitment to the principle of “Nothing about us without us” candidates who have a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be assessed as they are received so candidates encouraged to apply now.